Sunday, June 22, 2008

I know, I'm such a follower

So yes, I am aware that everyone else has been blogging for about a billion years and I'm totally a follower because I'm starting to do this now. However... I have decided that its time. Why now you ask? It certainly has nothing to do with my free time (I'm working, taking a class, playing soccer, running, closing on a condo, etc. etc. this summer). Oh no, it's much more selfish than that. I'm blogging so you can all guilt me into running. In particular, I'm training for the Chicago Marathon in October. I've run a couple marathons before, but I've never completed a full training plan because I always wuss out at the end. This means I also wuss out at the marathons and end up walking and being way slower than I want and throwing up after the race. My goal for this marathon is to not wuss out. On either the race OR the training. 

This is where my friends and family come in. I'm not Catholic, but my mom's side of the family is. Therefore, I think I have some weird recessive Catholic guilt gene or something because I am quite possibly the easiest person in the world to guilt into something. So make me run people! Exploit my emotional weaknesses! 


** On a side note, I just saw the "condom blowup race" from the Tila Tequila show on The Soup. Oh. My. God. People tell me that I watch crap tv because I watch reality shows on Bravo. No people, I do not watch crap tv. Project Runway in NO WAY compares to the crapness of Tila Tequila. Sorry. **

So, the running. Today I did a 12 miler and it was alright. The last couple of times I've run, my legs have been strange. I've been a little concerned about this because I'm doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Colorado next weekend. However, the first 6 were good (besides the fact that it was raining when I left, so brought my raincoat, it stopped raining about 5 minutes after I left my apartment, so I got to carry a jacket for 11.5 miles.) I stopped and picked up some Gu (Goo?) on the way out-- this is my first Gu experience. I've heard good and bad things about it and wasn't totally sure how my body was going to react as I have trouble with Gatorade on long runs because of the sugar. I just had a tiny little bit of the Gu (it tasted like the fluoride at the dentist. rather gross.), but I didn't throw up. I also don't know if it did anything, but I'm proud of the lack of vomit. Low expectations... 

**On a final note, near Ohio Beach there were people swimming laps in the lake. Anyone know what this is? Ironman training? Crazy people who swim in the lake in thunderstorms? It was kind of cool. If I were a good swimmer (and not a little bit afraid to put my face in Lake Michigan for fear of what is in the water), I would totally think about doing that. Way better than swimming laps in a pool!**

**Oh yeah, and for those of you wondering: Planet Unicorn Hey!

No comments: